chemicals are provided as solid concentrates in small one-gallon recyclable plastic bottles rather than liquid in large drums. The CWA-Solid Concentrate
is dissolved as needed into a small plastic reservoir using a free-standing or wall-mountable solid chemical dissolving system. The chemical feed solution is then pumped into the system being treated just like with liquid chemicals.
Issue Key Features / Benefits
Safety * Heavy 55 gallon-500 lb. drum of liquid chemical replaced with four 12.5 lb. containers.
* Solid feed rate only 1 ounce per 1000 gallons or 1 lb. treats 22,000 gallons of makeup water.
* Solid product is converted to liquid in the dissolver reservoir, eliminating chemical exposure.
* Less handling and movement of chemical though the facility means less hazardous risk.
Time & Space* Drums/pails are more cumbersome and time consuming to handle than small solid
* Inventory management is more streamlined with fewer change-outs verses drums/pails.
* Solid dissolver reservoir takes less space than a 55 gallon drum and holds the equivalent
of many drums of liquid product.
* 4x1 gallon solid concentrate is a fraction of the size/weight of a drum but contains more
Sustainability * 50-90% fewer pounds of product are shipped, reducing fuel consumption and C02 emissions.
* Plastic drums and pails are eliminated.
* Eliminates rinsing / washing and recycling plastic drums and pails.
* 100% of product is utilized, eliminating “heel of drum” concerns.
* Solid dissolver units are manufactured with recycled plastic-built to last years.